The Doak Walker House - Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation
The Doak Walker House offers a uniquely designed 60-bed skilled nursing and rehabilitation center that will replace the award-winning Doak Walker Care Center at the Yampa Valley Medical Center and adjoin Casey’s Pond Senior Living. It includes 48 private suites and 12 semi-private suites that will be appointed in a residential motif. Three distinct living environments will include their own dining and living rooms.
Doak Walker House exterior amenities include:
- Outdoor courtyards with seating areas
- Two shaded patios with gardens and fountain, including raised bed planters and bird watching station
- Small patio
- Walking paths throughout the community and connecting to the city’s vibrant core trail
- Private entrance to community vehicle loading areas
Doak Walker House residents will enjoy access to other Casey’s Pond common interior and exterior amenity areas as able or when accompanied by family or staff.
Interior Amenities Include:
View Typical Private Suite at right:
- State-of-the -art “Neighborhood” style design
- Three neighborhood-specific dining rooms
- Three neighborhood-specific living rooms with fireplaces
- Three neighborhood-specific activity centers
- Beauty salon
- Physical and Occupational therapy
- Private bathing centers
The Doak Walker House will continue the tradition of adhering to The Eden Alternative's principle-based philosophy that empowers Care Partners to transform institutional approaches to care into the creation of a community where life is worth living.
Dr. Bill Thomas, an internationally renowned expert on geriatric medicine and eldercare, shares his life's work creating the Eden Alternative movement to reform nursing home care.